Video Bar

Search This Blog

Powered By Blogger

Saturday, April 17, 2010

A committment to Change You.

      Have you ever noticed the effect that people's attitudes have on you and vise versa? Have you noticed that negative people tend to surround themselves with other negative people and that same group of people are always in a negative state of mind every time you see them. Nothing positive to say about anything. I myself have seen first hand how negativety can spread like a plague so I usually choose to stay away from people that always have a negative energy about themselves because they want nothing more than to keep you in a negative stooper with them, because they cant seem to be happy. If you are one of those people, or the opposite a very positive person ask yourself what you can do to change your negative attitude or what you can do to spread your positive attitude to others. The I Will movement is about changing our attitudes, our actions, our thinking, our reactions to others, in positive way that will not only better ouselves, but as a result spread to encourage others to want to better themselves. I Will is not a statement but a commitment to take action, ownership and responsibility for who you are so that you can be prepared to move into the full purpose that God has intended for you.
 We all have something that we can change about ourselves, whether it be stopping bad habits ie.. smoking,  obesity,  obsessive drinking,  procrastination, - the list can go on ;  or developing good habits we can commit to small changes each month in our relationships with others, our choices , our way of thinking. The more we commit to bettering ourselves the happier we will become and hapiness spreads. 
          I beleive God has a purpose for everyone. As I develop a relationship with God I am learning to take ownership of my own hapiness. Often times we look to others to make us happy, or when problems arise in our relationships we believe that the other person needs to change or something needs to change.  I have been reading a book called the "Power of A Praying Wife",  by Stormie Omartin and one of the hardest prayers I've ever prayed is a simple three word prayer " Lord Change Me".  But these three words are so powerful because once you realize that trying to change someone else is not going to fix a situation but that you can just pray for them and ask God to change you, God will begin show you ways that changing you is necessary in order to have the change that you want in that relationship.  You may notice in this blog that I will make reference to God and the Bible from time to time; that is becasue I belive that the best teacher on  life is the word of  God. I do not profess to be a perfect christian or some religious finatic. I make mistakes becasue I am not perfect and have learned that no one is perfect. But I am learning  everyday  through experience and being surrounded by people who share a belief in God how to become closer to God.  One of the things that I have been working on is how to truly forgive someone the way that Christ forgave us for our sins. You might say you forgive someone with your mouth but your actions towards them might show that truly you have not forgiven them because you cannot get past what they have done.. This month to create change in my situation I Will commit to showing someone that I do forgive them.
           Every month I Will have a different commitment and will be sharing with you what I have learned and how I am changing me and how that is affecting others. Along with me I ask that you all commit to changing something about you each month and post your experiences on this blog. I also encourage you to comment on what I have posted.  So  I challenge you to join the movement. Start your post with I Will ... get it crackin! and I will get back at you soon.!    Next Month.... Real talk on forgiveness.

2 comments:

  1. Wow, it's funny that I read this today because I got some serious stuff on my mind that could ultimately affect a major decision. You've made reference to that book several times, I really need to go and pick it up and read it. It seems to have really helped you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Girl whatever you're going through God has the answer for it. The book definitely shows you what God wants YOU to do for your relationship to be in order. When I first picked up the book someone had given it to me about 4 yers ago, then I flipped through the book looking for immediate answers to what I was going through at that time and thought Why do I need to change? this is not for me. But not until recently did I realize God put that book in my hand for a reason and this time I need to really pay attention. Prayer really works. Be encouraged and try not to make any rash decisions. Sometimes our thinking can get in the way of what is yet to come.

    ReplyDelete