Video Bar

Search This Blog

Powered By Blogger

Thursday, February 17, 2011

Forgiveness

Hey everyone, I'm back. It's been a while since I last posted  on the blog but I will definitely have it updated more often. In fact I have an assignment in one of my courses to create a blog on blogger. Since I already have one I thought what better time than now to finish what I already started. So the last time we talked I said I would talk about forgiveness and that I was working on forgiving someone. In my heart I have forgiven them  Forgiveness is powerful, because when you forgive you are letting go of powerless feelings that you have when you have not forgiven someone. The bible teaches us so clearly that God wants us to forgive. In the lords prayer it says we should pray " and forgive us our trespasses as we  forgive those who trespass against us... So lets be real about this topic. Christ forgave us , so why is it so hard for us to forgive others in that same unconditional way? Is it because we feel that we cannot trust a person even though we forgive the act they have done against us? Does forgiving a person automatically = trust or are those two separate things? I believe forgiveness and trust are separate and that trust is something that has to be rebuilt over time when someone has violated your trust; however forgiveness is the best start then, you and that person can work on the trust issues. Ultimately forgiveness starts with YOU so make a commitment to forgive someone who has wronged you. Remember, when you make a commitment you are saying "I Will" which is the precept to change. Change start with you.  So friends what do think? Holla at your girl, share your stories in the  comment section below, or just comment let's talk about it.

1 comment: